BUSTED BY THE FEDS 14TH EDITION
EMPOWER, EDUCATE, ADVOCATE
The 2014 latest edition remains strongly in demand. It continues to serve defendants arrested on federal charges. Busted by the Feds is the gold standard for technical information, points about the law and clear communication par excellence. It's about time to give hope and reunite families. Defendants as well as their families, loved ones, attorneys and ordinary citizens should read this book.
This is the most important book ever written for the Federal defendant. Busted by the Feds is the classic source for the help you need with your defense. It covers everything from the time of your arrest, through bail, plea bargaining, going to trial or pleading out, and sentencing. It also includes essential material on the Bureau of Prisons policies that will affect you if you are eventually incarcerated.
Busted also includes the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for all federal offenses. Plus in depth explanations of how the guidelines work in specific cases: the base offense levels, as well as aggravating and mitigating factors and possible upward or downward departures. Finally, there is extensive consideration of the now-advisory nature of the Guidelines since the Booker case in 2005 and the subsequent decisions by the Supreme Court in Rita, Kimbrough, Gall and Nelson. These subjects, which can be of great importance in obtaining a lesser sentence, are explained in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
The new Fourteenth Edition contains the most up-to-date information, including the new sentencing guidelines and the November 2013 amendments to the guidelines. It also contains new chapters on changes in the Justice Department's policy towards mandatory minimums and prior felony informations in drug cases; on two important bills in Congress that promise potentially big changes to mandatory minimums; and on the Bureau of Prisons' Compassionate Release Program.
If you are a defendant or the family member of a defendant, or a defense lawyer in the federal system, you need this book. Continue through this site to see the wealth of material Busted contains and the new information in this Fourteenth Edition.
- The 600 pages of Federal Sentencing Guidelines summarized in easy to read tables
- A comprehensive index for finding exactly the information you need (expanded in new 14th edition)
- An in-depth chapter on Booker/Fanfan, and the implications for possible sentence reductions
- Chapters on Crack Cocaine Laws, Plea Agreements, Computers in the B.O.P., and Early Termination of Supervised Release.
- Case studies and real life examples
- Easy instructions for calculating a likely sentence on ANY Federal charge, with all the mitigating and aggravating factors
- Guidance on when to cop a plea and when to fight the charge
- Advice on how to choose and instruct defense counsel
- Information on post-sentencing appeals, motions and writs
- How to send money to an inmate