Busted By The Feds, the new SEVENTEENTH EDITION, Empower, Educate, Advocate
Great News for Public Defenders
Click here to see how you can get 15% discount off the retail price for Busted By The Feds and Como Defender Tus Cargos Federales!
And now this year, with this new edition, click here to see how we have extended the same discount to Panel Attorneys (private attorneys appointed by the Court).
The new 2017 17th Edition is now available! It continues to serve defendants arrested on federal charges. Busted by the Feds is the gold standard for technical information, points about the law and clear communication par excellence. It's about time to give hope and reunite families. Defendants as well as their families, loved ones, attorneys and ordinary citizens should read this book.
This is the most important book ever written for the Federal defendant. Busted by the Feds is the classic source for the help you need with your defense. It covers everything from the time of your arrest, through bail, plea bargaining, going to trial or pleading out, and sentencing. It also includes essential material on the Bureau of Prisons policies that will affect you if you are eventually incarcerated.
Busted also includes the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for all federal offenses. Plus in depth explanations of how the guidelines work in specific cases: the base offense levels, as well as aggravating and mitigating factors and possible upward or downward departures. Finally, there is extensive consideration of the now-advisory nature of the Guidelines since the Booker decision in 2005 and the subsequent decisions by the Supreme Court in Rita, Kimbrough, Gall and Nelson. These subjects, which can be of great importance in obtaining a lesser sentence, are explained in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
The Booker chapter contains several new examples under the section More Practical Advice, of areas where a downward variation can be obtained in specific cases.
The new Seventeenth Edition contains the most up-to-date information, including the latest list of all Bureau of Prisons institutions, the current list of countries with Prisoner Exchange Treaties with the United States, current information on changes in Bureau of Prisons policies, and important legal decisions this last year by the Federal Courts that can effect a defendantís defense. This edition also contains several new chapters as well as extensive updates of existing chapters. Two outdated chapters have been removed.
If you are a defendant or the family member of a defendant, or a defense lawyer in the federal system, you need this book. Continue through this site to see the wealth of material Busted contains and the new information in this Seventeenth Edition.
- The 600 pages of Federal Sentencing Guidelines summarized in easy to read tables
- A comprehensive index for finding exactly the information you need (expanded in new 17th edition)
- An in-depth chapter on Booker decision, and the implications for possible sentence reductions
- Chapters on Crack Cocaine Laws, Plea Agreements, Computers in the B.O.P., and Early Termination of Supervised Release
- Case studies and real life examples
- Easy instructions for calculating a likely sentence on ANY Federal charge, with all the mitigating and aggravating factors
- Guidance on when to cop a plea and when to fight the charge
- Advice on how to choose and instruct defense counsel
- Information on post-sentencing appeals, motions and writs
- How to send money to an inmate